The game looks easy, that's why it sells.

Monday, November 26, 2007

We are Scientists

We are Scientists - Inaction

Pop isn't a crime, folks.

If you check out their site, you'll find they are every bit as weird as the video indicates. All of their music is of that indie-pop type feel, with several songs that are just a bit out there. Not so far you can't reach it, but just far enough that people like me can appreciate it. Songs with titles like 'On the Nature of Empirical Truth' which tell you that 'dogs are smart but not like pigs are.'

I was aiming for some sort of 'new music post every Friday' schedule, but well. Friday I was AFK, and there's nothing to be done for it. Not like its absence weighs heavily on my reading public. So, double-dose this week. Because I love sharing music.

Next one... I don't know. Would the Eels be insulting? A friend who claimed to be a fanatic of All Things Indie Rock had never heard of them/him, so I'm not entirely certain how to treat a band that's been on the scene since 1995. I feel it'd be like asking a movie buff if he's heard of Kurosawa.

I'm thinking I'll go with Final Fantasy.

No comments: