The game looks easy, that's why it sells.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Rundown

I had a long post, but I deleted it. Some things are best left unsaid.

This weekend held a great deal of media consumption. Caught up on nearly all of Y the Last Man, read part of Chiaroscuro (and there's a reason I read only part of it), read the first volume of Fable, and read through another section of Wicked. I can't wait to finish that book. I picked up issue 1 of Fell and Doktor Sleepless, and the first volume of Ex Machina (sorry HeavyInk, I couldn't hold out). I tried reading The Trial (Kafka), but I just wasn't in the right headspace for it.

Also, I've gone through a good chunk of the Showtime show Dexter, which I absolutely have to write a review for. The fact that these writers can make me sympathize and cheer for an antisocial serial killer (and when I say anti-social I don't mean unsocial, withdrawn, or introverted - I mean that he's a sociopath) left me amazed. Behold, the power of good writing. You can be turned into someone who roots for the pinnacle of an evil persona.

Anyway, I'm going to review all of those things.

On a completely different topic, I made a post recently about this whole Gertsmann kerfuffle in the gaming industry. It got worse. I, being a complete whore for drama that does not include me, am savoring this like a prisoner long-starved for sunlight waking on the rooftops of Santorini. There was once a point in my callow youth that I would flare and blog and blog and blog about these issues. I've said my piece. Now to smile as the claws unfurl like banners of war.

And as a sidenote about ethics and money in reviewing, this article has proven itself interesting.

No comments: