The game looks easy, that's why it sells.

Friday, December 7, 2007

Worthless Headlines

Before I get to this week's music post - I'm certain the one-point-two-seven readers I have are going to be upset if I don't - I would like to report that some headlines are silly.

Innocent People Going About their Daily Lives

Doesn't strike me as news-worthy. It was the headline to the article about the mass-shooting in a mall, and you'd think an event that auspicious would warrant asking for a headline from someone other than Mark in the mail room. Also, whoever wrote that headline, keep an eye on them. I wasn't aware a mass-shooting warranted the moniker of "going about one's daily life." Did the writer wet the bed until they were twelve? This is what we call a window into a dark psyche.

Watch as Peterson Refuses to Answer Reporters

Can I? Can I really? After this can we watch paint dry? If you're trying to entice someone to view your obvious waste of bandwidth, can we at least make it worth the while of getting caught slacking off? If I'm going to watch someone not do something, I'm going to watch myself not code. Far more interesting and saves on the energy bill.

Billy Joel Pens Anti-War Song, Won't Sing It

Next in news: writer writes book, won't publish it; artist paints painting, won't show it; and news reporter writes story, won't read it.

No comments: